- Thursday, July 31, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Congress’ Inability to Advance Border Security Legislation
"It's beyond belief that Congress is abandoning its post while our border crisis continues to create humanitarian suffering, and criminal aliens still represent a clear threat to our citizens and our nation. While Texas has taken what steps it can to mitigate the damage caused by a porous border, Congress and the President have a duty to address our border security issues without further delay. Congress should not go into recess until the job is completed."
- Wednesday, July 30, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Launches PSA to Assist Texas Veterans with VA Health Care
Gov. Rick Perry has launched a public service announcement (PSA) to raise awareness of state resources available to help Texas veterans navigate the Veterans Administration (VA) health care system. Texas has increased staffing for the Texas Veterans Hotline in response to failures by the VA system to adequately care for our nation's veterans.
- Tuesday, July 29, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseICYMI: TETF Awardee Visualase Acquired by Medtronic
Medtronic Inc. today announced it has completed the acquisition of Texas Emerging Technology Fund (TETF) awardee Visualase Inc. The TETF invested $750,000 in Visualase in 2007 for the development and marketing of a range of innovative minimally invasive neurosurgery products.
- Thursday, July 24, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Announces TEF Investments Bringing New Charles Schwab Facility to El Paso and Deepening Company’s Roots in Austin
Gov. Rick Perry has announced two Texas Enterprise Fund (TEF) investments in The Charles Schwab Corporation, which is opening a new operations center in El Paso and strengthening its presence in Austin. Combined, the projects will create more than 1,200 jobs and more than $230 million in capital investment in the state.
- Tuesday, July 22, 2014 Austin, Texas ProclamationGov. Perry Sets September 9 Special Election for Senate District 28
WHEREAS, the resignation of The Honorable Robert Duncan, and its acceptance, has caused a vacancy to exist in Texas Senate District No. 28, which consists of Baylor, Borden, Childress, Coke, Coleman, Concho, Cottle, Crane, Crosby, Dawson, Dickens...
- Tuesday, July 22, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Announces September 9 Special Election for Senate District 28
Gov. Rick Perry today set Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014, as the special election date to fill the Texas State Senate District 28 seat, vacated by Sen. Robert Duncan, who has left to serve as chancellor of the Texas Tech University System.
- Monday, July 21, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Death of Sean Carmeli
"On behalf of all Texans, I'd like to express to the Carmeli family our deepest condolences on the loss of Sean, who died valiantly fighting terrorism in defense of Israel. Like many other ‘Lone Soldiers,' Sean was American, but also a part of the extended Israeli family, and a passionate believer in Israel's inherent right to defend itself against terrorist aggression. Anita and I will keep his family in our thoughts and prayers."
- Monday, July 21, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Deploys Texas National Guard Troops to Border
Gov. Rick Perry today directed Texas Adjutant General John Nichols to immediately begin preparations for the deployment of up to 1,000 National Guard troops to the border. These troops will support the Texas Department of Public Safety's (DPS) ongoing law enforcement surge, Operation Strong Safety, which is focused on combatting criminal activity in the region resulting from the federal government's failure to adequately secure the border.