- Thursday, September 11, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on September 11th Anniversary
"The memory of those murdered on September 11, 2001 is etched forever in the heart of a tolerant and freedom-loving nation still sickened by the atrocities committed on that terrible day. The recent murders by extremists of two brave American journalists are vivid reminders that we still face an enemy capable of senseless and profoundly evil acts."
- Wednesday, September 10, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseIn Case You Missed It: Texas National Guard Arrives at Border in Support of Operation Strong Safety
The Texas Military Forces (TMF) report the first group of Texas National Guard (TXNG) soldiers and airmen have arrived along the Texas-Mexico border to take up observational posts in support of the Texas Department of Public Safety's (DPS) Operation Strong Safety.
- Tuesday, September 09, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Promotes Texas’ World-Class Business Climate in Beijing
Gov. Rick Perry spent his first full day in Beijing promoting Texas' world-class business climate and economic opportunities at an Invest in Texas forum and in meetings with officials from the Chinese Ministry of Commerce. The governor is leading an economic development delegation of state and business leaders in Beijing before participating in the World Economic Forum in Tianjin later this week.
- Monday, September 08, 2014 Tokyo, Japan Press ReleaseGov. Perry Promotes Stronger Economic Ties between Texas and Japan
Gov. Perry is in Tokyo promoting stronger economic ties between Texas and Japan. Japan is already one of Texas' largest trading partners and Gov. Perry told members of the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan today there is room for that partnership to grow.
- Friday, September 05, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry to Lead Economic Development Delegation in Asia
Gov. Rick Perry departs tomorrow for a one week economic development trip to Japan and China. While in Asia, the governor will work to expand economic opportunities for Texas starting with a speech on Monday to the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan. He will then lead an economic development delegation of state and business leaders to Beijing, and on Friday take part in a panel discussion on global economic issues at the World Economic Forum in Tianjin, China.
- Wednesday, September 03, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Presents Star of Texas Awards to Texas First Responders
Gov. Rick Perry today presented the Star of Texas Awards, which honor peace officers, firefighters and emergency medical first responders who have been seriously injured or killed in the line of duty.
- Friday, August 29, 2014 Austin, Texas ProclamationGov. Perry Renews Proclamation Extending Drought Emergency
Gov. Rick Perry has renewed a proclamation extending drought emergency for specified counties due to the ongoing exceptional drought conditions across the state. The proclamation directs necessary resources be made available to aid response efforts and notes the ongoing strain on water resources.
- Thursday, August 28, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseIn Case You Missed It: Editorial Hails Texas as “Real Model For Economic Opportunity”
Investors.com this week praised Texas as a real model for economic opportunity, saying "few states provide an economic environment that allows everyone an opportunity to succeed as does Texas."