- Thursday, December 18, 2014 College Station, Texas SpeechGov. Perry's Remarks at Texas A&M Commencement Convocation
Gov. Rick Perry today gave remarks at the Texas A&M University Commencement Convocation ceremony. Full text of the governor's remarks are as follows.
- Thursday, December 18, 2014 College Station, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Helps Announce Acquisition of Texas Biotech Firm
Gov. Rick Perry today helped announce the acquisition of Kalon Biotherapeutics LLC by FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A. Inc., a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corp. Kalon, a biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing organization owned by the State of Texas and the Texas A&M University System, is an important part of the growing biotechnology industry in Texas.
- Tuesday, December 16, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Chanukah
"Our Republic, like the light of the ancient Menorah, has lasted longer than anyone could have predicted. America remains a beacon of hope in difficult times for the world. And Chanukah reminds us of the power of faith to sustain a nation and ensure the security of our ally, Israel. I wish you and your family the very happiest Chanukah. May you enjoy a year of peace and success, and may this Festival of Lights strengthen the faith and unity of our nation."
- Monday, December 15, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Announces January 6 Special Election for Three Districts
Gov. Rick Perry today set Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2015, as the special election date to fill three legislative seats that are being vacated: Senate District 26 (Sen. Leticia van de Putte), House District 17 (Rep. Tim Kleinschmidt) and House District 123 (Rep. Mike Villarreal).
- Monday, December 15, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Australia Hostage Crisis
"The people of Texas, and Americans around the world, are praying for the victims of the hostage crisis in Australia and their loved ones. Americans know the steady resolve of our friends in Australia because our armed forces have served side by side in conflicts against the world's evils for nearly 100 years, and closely in the fight against terrorism. Today is a reminder of why evil must be confronted and why the U.S. and its allies must focus on how to destroy evil militarily, politically and ideologically around the world."
- Thursday, December 04, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseTexas Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Issues Further Recommendations to Safeguard Public Health
Gov. Rick Perry announced today that the Texas Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response has issued its full report and recommendations regarding the state's capabilities to prepare for and respond to infectious diseases, such as the Ebola virus and other emerging pathogens.
- Wednesday, December 03, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry: Congress Must Act Immediately on Border Security
Gov. Rick Perry today highlighted the ongoing need for the state's border security operations, and called on Congress to quickly pass a bill to provide the resources necessary to secure our southern border. In the absence of adequate federal resources, the governor reiterated Texas' commitment to using all available tools to enforce the law, and announced an executive order directing state agencies to use E-Verify to check the employment eligibility of current and prospective employees.
- Monday, December 01, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on the Passing of Betty King
Gov. Rick Perry today issued the following statement on the passing of Betty King, who served as secretary of the Texas Senate from 1977 until her retirement in 2001.