- Monday, November 24, 2014 Austin, Texas ProclamationGov. Perry Again Renews Proclamation Extending Drought Emergency
Gov. Rick Perry has again renewed a proclamation extending drought emergency for specified counties due to the ongoing exceptional drought conditions across the state. The proclamation directs necessary resources be made available to aid response efforts and notes the ongoing strain on water resources.
- Thursday, November 20, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Executive Action by President Obama
In Texas we know firsthand the problems brought by illegal immigration and bad federal policy. As we saw with the tens of thousands of unaccompanied minors who came across the border, a bad policy led to children being put at risk. The president's decision tonight will lead to more illegal immigration, not less. It is time for the president and Congress to secure our border, followed by meaningful reforms. There is no more time for political grandstanding.
- Tuesday, November 18, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseTexas Leaders Extend State-Led Border Surge
Having established the model for securing the border in the absence of effective federal action, Texas leaders have reached an agreement to extend the ongoing law enforcement surge through the end of the current fiscal year. Signed by the governor, lieutenant governor and speaker, the budget execution will marshal resources from a variety of state sources to enhance the state's efforts to secure the border region.
- Tuesday, November 18, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Jerusalem Terror Attack
"Today's brutal slayings in Jerusalem are acts of shocking evil, even in a world that has sadly become accustomed to acts of barbarism by the forces of evil in the Middle East. Prayer is a source of peace and refuge for people of all faiths, and to attack worshippers in the midst of expressing their faith in their morning prayers flies in the face of all that is Holy and just in the world."
- Friday, November 14, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Announces December 6 Special Election for Senate District 18
Gov. Rick Perry today set Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014, as the special election date to fill the Texas State Senate District 18 seat, vacated by Sen. Glenn Hegar, who was elected to serve as Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
- Friday, November 14, 2014 Austin, Texas ProclamationGov. Perry Sets December 6 Special Election for Senate District 18
Gov. Rick Perry has set Saturday, December 6, 2014, as the special election date to fill a vacancy in Texas Senate District 18.
- Wednesday, November 12, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Net Neutrality
"Texas' strong economy owes a lot to regulatory certainty and major private investments in critical technology infrastructure. President Obama's call to saddle 21st century technology with outdated, unnecessary regulations from the era of the Great Depression is alarming and will stifle innovation and growth. Instead, we should embrace a business and regulatory climate that encourages competition and empowers consumers with greater choice and access to high-speed Internet and all the business, consumer, education and health care benefits that come with it."
- Tuesday, November 11, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Veterans Day
"Throughout its history, our nation has been blessed with generations of brave men and women willing to stand on the line between us and our enemies and declare ‘Not on my watch.' Today above all days we honor the service and sacrifice of those who have worn our nation's uniforms, whether in peacetime or in time of war. Their bravery and dedication have made our nation a beacon of liberty for more than 238 years, and the standard of service they uphold will allow the United States to continue our leadership on the global stage for many years to come."