- Monday, March 10, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry: Texas Home to Bold Innovators in Technology
Gov. Rick Perry today was honored by the Entertainment Software Association for his commitment and leadership in the development of the growing video game industry in Texas, where he was presented with an award in appreciation of his support.
- Monday, March 10, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseWallet Hub: Texas Cities “Impressive Pack of Bountiful Job Markets”
Texas cities dominated Wallet Hub’s recent ranking of the best U.S. cities for jobs, with five Texas cities listed in the top 10. Fort Worth was recognized as the top city for job seekers. Arlington ranked fourth, Dallas fifth, Austin sixth, Houston 10th. Corpus Christi nearly cracked the top ten, ranking 12th on the list.
- Sunday, March 09, 2014 Austin, Texas EditorialTexas is Home to A Vibrant Creative Culture
Some people like to say this is the time of year when creative folks converge on Texas. I say, they’re here all the time. Granted, the numbers increase a bit for SXSW, Austin’s annual technology, film and music conference. But historically, Texas has always been home to people with innovative spirits and unique talents.
- Friday, March 07, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Texas’ Job Numbers
Every day, more Texans are going to work, earning a living and supporting their families because we follow a simple recipe for job creation: we keep our taxes low, our regulations effective and predictable, our courts fair and our schools accountable. That’s why Texas has been the national epicenter for job creation for more than a decade, and today’s numbers indicate we’re not slowing down anytime soon. While Washington is unable to significantly move the needle on unemployment, in Texas we free job creators to pursue success, which means more good-paying jobs for more Texans.
- Monday, March 03, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseTexas Wins Site Selection Magazine’s 2013 Governor’s Cup
Texas has won Site Selection Magazine’s Governor’s Cup for 2013, the fifth time the Lone Star State has received the award under Gov. Rick Perry’s leadership. The award is given annually to the state with the most new and expanded corporate facilities announced over the year. Texas has previously won the Governor’s Cup in 2004, 2005, 2010 and 2012.
- Friday, February 28, 2014 Austin, Texas NoteworthyTexans Shine in Sochi Olympics
Texas sent four of its sons to Sochi for the XXII Olympic Winter Games, with one bringing silver back to the Lone Star State. Speed skater Jordan Malone of Denton took silver as part of the U.S.'s 5000-meter short track relay team. While the team came up just short to host team Russia, their silver helped the U.S. avoid being shut out for a speed skating medal for the first time since 1998. Malone had also won bronze in the same event in Vancouver in 2010. A teammate of Malone's, Jonathan Garcia of Katy, reached Sochi by posting a career-best time in the 1000-meter relay.
- Thursday, February 27, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Declares February 27 Texas Human Trafficking Awareness Day
Gov. Rick Perry today proclaimed February 27 as Human Trafficking Awareness Day in Texas as a commitment to bringing awareness to human trafficking prevention efforts.