- Wednesday, October 29, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Recent Comments Made About Prime Minister Netanyahu by a Senior White House Official
"I'm hopeful the President of the United States shares the complete and total disbelief many of us felt that a senior official working in the West Wing of the White House would use profanity to describe the leader of our greatest ally in the Middle East. The President should demand to know who said this and ask for their resignation as there is absolutely no excuse for such language coming out of the White House. If the President receives no answer as to who said this he should consider making wholesale changes to his staff in order to guard our vital interests and for the sake of maintaining an important relationship with a key ally."
- Wednesday, October 29, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Welcomes Health Care Hero Back Home to Texas
Early this morning, a nurse who has been working with Ebola patients in Sierra Leone returned home to Texas. While she currently shows no signs of the disease, her job in West Africa places her at "some" risk by CDC protocols. Upon her arrival at Austin-Bergstrom Airport, she was met by Dr. David Lakey, Commissioner of the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Tuesday, October 28, 2014 Austin, Texas ProclamationGov. Perry Renews Proclamation Extending Drought Emergency
Gov. Rick Perry has again renewed a proclamation extending drought emergency for specified counties due to the ongoing exceptional drought conditions across the state. The proclamation directs necessary resources be made available to aid response efforts and notes the ongoing strain on water resources.
- Tuesday, October 28, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Announces TEF Investment Bringing More Than 200 Jobs to Seguin
Gov. Rick Perry today announced the state is investing $800,000 from the Texas Enterprise Fund (TEF) in Siro Group USA to close the deal on a manufacturing facility in Seguin that will create more than 200 jobs and pump $58.5 million in capital investment into the local economy.
- Monday, October 27, 2014 Plano, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Welcomes Toyota Headquarters to North Texas
Gov. Rick Perry today welcomed Toyota's new North American headquarters to Plano. Once completed, the facility will bring nearly 4,000 jobs and more than $300 million in capital investment to North Texas.
- Friday, October 24, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Nina Pham Being Declared Ebola-Free
"News that Ms. Pham is free of the Ebola virus is certainly reason to celebrate and I ask all Texans to join me in wishing her a full and speedy recovery. We thank her for her heroism and selflessness in the battle against Ebola. Rest assured, Texas will not let our guard down in doing everything necessary to protect our state and our citizens from this dangerous disease."
- Thursday, October 23, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseTexas Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Holds First Public Hearing on Medical, Public Health Preparedness
The Texas Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response, under the direction of Dr. Brett P. Giroir, today held its first public hearing at the State Capitol. The hearing focused on preparedness for initial identification and isolation of patients - one of seven areas of concentration for the Task Force - and included invited testimony from witnesses representing professions and institutions involved in disease identification and response.
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014 College Station, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Tours Advanced Manufacturing Facility with Capability to Rapidly Produce Life-Saving Drugs
Gov. Rick Perry today toured the Texas A&M National Center for Therapeutics Manufacturing, one of the pioneering vaccine and therapeutic manufacturing facilities that comprise the Texas A&M Center for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing (CIADM).