- Wednesday, April 16, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Authorizes Additional Disaster Recovery Funds for City of West
Gov. Rick Perry today granted the City of West's request for an additional $4.8 million in disaster grant assistance for recovery efforts related to the fertilizer plant explosion that occurred in April 2013. The grant will help West repair and rebuild infrastructure damaged or destroyed by the blast and assist with other important projects in the affected area.
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGovernor’s Office Accepting Nominations for Star of Texas Awards
Gov. Rick Perry’s office is now accepting nominations for the 2014 Star of Texas Awards, which honor peace officers, firefighters and emergency medical first responders who were seriously injured or killed in the line of duty. Nominations for this year's awards must be submitted to the Governor's Office by June 15, 2014, with the awards ceremony taking place in September.
- Tuesday, April 15, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseICYMI: Governors Perry, Scott and Jindal Urge President Obama to Strengthen Medicare Advantage
Gov. Rick Perry, Florida Gov. Rick Scott and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal today sent a letter urging President Barack Obama to take meaningful steps to strengthen and improve the Medicare Advantage program. The program, which offers an alternative health insurance plan provided by a private company to Medicare recipients, has proven as effective as traditional Medicare in reducing hospital readmissions, improving care coordination and overall health outcomes.
- Friday, April 11, 2014 Austin, Texas ProclamationTexas Renews Proclamation Extending Drought Emergency
The state of Texas has renewed a proclamation extending drought emergency for specified counties due to the ongoing exceptional drought conditions across the state. The proclamation directs necessary resources be made available to aid response efforts and notes the ongoing strain on water resources.
- Monday, April 07, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Names Browne and Addington to Senior Staff
Gov. Rick Perry today announced that he has named Felix Browne director of communications and Hugh Addington director of scheduling and advance. Browne takes over for outgoing communications director Mark Miner, who will continue to advise the governor from the private sector. Addington replaces Karen Kolb Steakley, who is returning to the Governor’s Legislative Division.
- Friday, April 04, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Announces Emerging Technology Fund Award to Texas A&M University Wind Energy Center
Gov. Rick Perry today announced the Texas Emerging Technology Fund (TETF) is awarding $2.2 million to the Texas A&M University (TAMU) Wind Energy Center for a collaborative project that brings together researchers from universities across the state to develop and increase the capacity of offshore wind energy technology, and help bring it to market. TAMU is working with the Texas Tech University National Wind Resource Center, a national leader in the wind energy industry, as well as the University of Texas at Austin Center for Electromechanics and Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering, TAMU-Corpus Christi Conrad Blucher Institute and University of Texas at Brownsville School of Business and Department of Chemistry and Environmental Sciences.
- Thursday, April 03, 2014 Katy, Texas SpeechGov. Perry Remarks at GEICO Ribbon-Cutting
When you boil it right down, what people want most in the world is a chance at prosperity. They want a good job, an ability to take care of their families and the potential to do more with their lives. For every company like GEICO that chooses to expand, or relocate, in our state, that means more Texans getting the opportunities they need to achieve their goals.