- Friday, September 26, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseTexas State Guard Saves Lives During Search for Human Remains in Brooks County
A special state search team, trained in rescue and recovery operations and ordered by Gov. Rick Perry to assist Brooks County with locating human remains of suspected illegal immigrants, is also saving lives during its mission.
- Thursday, September 25, 2014 Houston, Texas SpeechText of Gov. Perry's Remarks at the Texas Public Policy Foundation's Energy and Climate Policy Summit
Gov. Rick Perry today spoke at the Texas Public Policy Foundation's Energy and Climate Policy Summit, where he addressed American energy security, job creation, and the economic and national security opportunities available to the United States through domestic energy production. Full text of the governor's remarks are as follows.
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry in Recognition of Rosh Hashanah
Gov. Rick Perry today released the following statement in recognition of Rosh Hashanah:
- Monday, September 22, 2014 Cameron County, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Helps Break Ground on SpaceX Commercial Launch Facility
Gov. Rick Perry today helped break ground on the SpaceX Commercial Launch Facility located near Boca Chica Beach, which will launch commercial satellites into orbit.
- Monday, September 22, 2014 Austin, Texas ProclamationGov. Perry Sets November 4 Special Election for House District 16
Gov. Rick Perry has set Tuesday, November 4, 2014, as the special election date to fill a vacancy in Texas House District 16.
- Thursday, September 18, 2014 College Station, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Helps Dedicate Pandemic Influenza Vaccine Facility
Gov. Rick Perry today participated in the site dedication for the Pandemic Influenza Vaccine Facility, part of the Texas A&M Center for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing (Texas A&M CIADM). This $91 million, state-of-the-art influenza-vaccine manufacturing facility, a partnership between Texas A&M University and GlaxoSmithKline, will help protect against infectious disease and the threat of bioterrorism.
- Wednesday, September 17, 2014 Lubbock, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Dedicates Statue Honoring Tim Cole
Gov. Rick Perry today helped dedicate a statue in honor of the late Tim Cole, who was wrongfully convicted of rape and died in prison in 1999. Cole was granted a pardon for innocence by Gov. Perry in 2010.
- Wednesday, September 17, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Sends Letter to Mexican President Peña Nieto, Invites Him to Texas
"I read with interest and concern your comments regarding border security on the week of September 11, which called Texas' increased law enforcement presence on the border "unpleasant" and "reprehensible." As neighbors and economic partners, Mexico and the United States are inextricably bound by shared interests and culture. As friends we might not always agree, but we must have an honest and respectful dialogue about the challenges we share, which is why I write to you today."