- Friday, May 17, 2013 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Rick Perry Applauds Efforts to Improve Affordability at Texas Tech University System and University of Houston System
Gov. Rick Perry today applauded both the Texas Tech University System and University of Houston System for approving a four-year fixed tuition rate for incoming freshmen.
- Friday, May 17, 2013 Austin, Texas SpeechGov. Perry’s Remarks on the Granbury Storm Damage
Gov. Rick Perry today toured the communities impacted by Wednesday’s deadly tornadoes. He was joined by state and local officials to discuss damage response and recovery efforts.
- Thursday, May 16, 2013 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Rick Perry on West Investigation Results
The tragedy in West has dramatically changed the lives of many in this tight-knit community, forever leaving its mark on the town and in the hearts of those who call West home.
- Thursday, May 16, 2013 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Signs Senate Bill 1611, The Michael Morton Act
Gov. Rick Perry today signed Senate Bill 1611, the Michael Morton Act, which will help prevent wrongful convictions in Texas. The governor was joined by Sens. Rodney Ellis and Robert Duncan, Reps. Senfronia Thompson and Tryon Lewis, and Michael Morton for the bill signing.
- Thursday, May 16, 2013 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Rick Perry on North Texas Tornado Damage
Gov. Perry is deeply saddened by the deaths caused by yesterday’s horrific storms. The State Operations Center has been monitoring this situation since yesterday afternoon and continues to assist locals with any unmet needs they may have.
- Wednesday, May 15, 2013 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Senate Bill 441
Lawmakers approved legislation that keeps Texas' workforce at the top of its game and ensures employers have the qualified workers they need to fill high demand fields by providing hardworking Texans with a pathway to earn technical certificates or associate degree as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Monday, May 13, 2013 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Rick Perry on the Kermit Gosnell Verdict
This trial and verdict shed light on a detestable and gruesome industry that takes the lives of hundreds of thousands of babies every year in communities across our nation. Those of us who believe in the sanctity of life will continue to fight for the day when abortion is nothing more than a sad footnote in American history.
- Monday, May 13, 2013 Austin, Texas EditorialAbout Those Jobs, President Obama...
Like many families and employers, President Obama has heard about the Texas success story, where we free job creators to grow their businesses and give families and hardworking taxpayers unlimited opportunity to keep more of their hard-earned money and a live a better life.