- Monday, December 02, 2013 Katy, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Announces GEICO Expansion, Creating 1,000 Jobs in Katy
Gov. Rick Perry today joined GEICO chairman and CEO Tony Nicely to announce the company will be expanding its Katy operations, creating 1,000 new jobs over the next three years and $8.5 million in capital investment.
- Monday, December 02, 2013 College Station, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Presents Cognizant STEM Grant to Texas A&M
Gov. Rick Perry today joined Gordon Coburn, president of Cognizant, to present the company’s $150,000 science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) grant to Texas A&M University. The grant comes in the form of a three-year commitment from Cognizant and will support the promotion of STEM education programs through the National Center for Therapeutics Manufacturing (NCTM) at Texas A&M University.
- Thursday, November 28, 2013 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseA Thanksgiving Message by Gov. Rick Perry
As families across our state come together to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday, I encourage everyone to take time to reflect upon the ample blessings that have been bestowed upon us as Texans and Americans. As always, please keep the brave men and women of our nation’s armed forces, serving their country far from home, in your thoughts and prayers throughout this holiday season.
- Wednesday, November 27, 2013 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Hanukkah
Anita and I would like to extend holiday wishes to our Jewish friends celebrating Hanukkah. We recognize this year’s celebration with special memories of our recent trip to Israel. We hope the Festival of Lights proves to be an enjoyable time for you and your families, and that the blessings in your life continue for many, many years to come.
- Tuesday, November 26, 2013 Austin, Texas NoteworthyAnother Win for Texas
In year one, they wondered if Texas would be able to put together a quality race experience for seasoned Formula 1 fans from around the world. Texas responded with an event the "Sports Business Awards" called the "Sports Event of the Year."
- Tuesday, November 26, 2013 Austin, Texas ProclamationGov. Perry Again Renews Proclamation Extending Drought Emergency
Gov. Rick Perry has again renewed a proclamation extending drought emergency for specified counties due to the ongoing exceptional drought conditions across the state. The proclamation directs necessary resources be made available to aid response efforts and notes the ongoing strain on water resources.
- Tuesday, November 26, 2013 Austin, Texas ProclamationGov. Perry Proclaims Adoption of Constitutional Amendments
Gov. Rick Perry issued a proclamation adopting nine proposed constitutional amendments in the election held on Nov. 5, 2013.